Tuesday 14 June 2016

Day 1: Date: 14-06-16. Time: 10:25. Well that is the first day over with. Sounds like the technology worked well and I have been told it was possible to real time track my progress, which I am really pleased about. Unfortunatly the rides are so long that the GPS runs down the battery of the phone so you may not be able to track me to the very end of the stage, but certainly for most of it. So today we rode Lands End to Liskeard, which is 75 miles. In the saddle for 5hrs 16mins. Up to lunch at 45 miles the going was ok and I felt good, but then the hills got tough for the last 30 miles - really tough. Apparently tomorrow is a really tough day so a bit apprehensive about that. Anyway here is a picture of the start with the others in the group - surprises surprise I have the only Flying Start Tshirt on. Paul

P.S. Unfortunately the mobile and wifi reception is poor in the hotel so I may have to send the pics tomorrow.