Thursday 16 June 2016

Day 3. Date: 16-06-16. Time 22:55. So that was a little bit easier than yesterday but still 71 miles to get to Bristol. Can't belive we have travelled so far in just 3 days. Today a few tough climbs but on weary legs they felt like mountains. Really enjoyed today's ride and starting to get in the swing of things. A major challenge today was time as we started off early so that we could try and make it to the hotel in time to watch England play Wales in the European championships - missed the beginning but managed to see all the goals. Tomorrow is 102 miles to Shrewsbury - I have never ridden that far. I thought it was flat but my room mate just said there are loads of climbs and it is the second hardest day!!! Hopefully I can get through it but now I must sleep. Oh I learned something today - when riding down a wet single track lane covered in horse muck never ride directly behind another rider. Need I say more. Paul.