Tuesday 21 June 2016

Day 8. Date  21-06-16. Time: 20:10. So today was a dry start but it didn't last long. We dropped into a place called Nardini’s in Largs, Scotland where they sold world famous ice cream. Must admit I had never heard of it and wonder if anyone reading this had. I suspect it is well known in Scotland. The scenery leaving Largs was just breathtaking, as we made our way down Gourock to catch the ferry to Dunoon. During this leg we got soaked – no surprises there. The ferry trip was again surrounded by fantastic views. We then rode around Holy Loch and worked our way up around Loch Fyne to Inveraray to stay at the Loch  Fyne hotel – getting soaked once again along the way. I must say we are being treated to some stunning views – Scottish countryside is truly beautiful and picturesque and that alone takes your mind off the drenching, which we are getting used to now along with managing wet kit.

I woke up with my right  knee feeling better, but I was nagged by it throughout the whole of today – but the discomfort was less intense making it much more tolerable. This allowed me up the pace a bit, but climbs are predominately being tackled by heavily favouring my better leg – pretty much powering up them one legged. The last bit of the cycle ride around Loch Fyne to Inveraray was heavy rain and headwind, which really put the bad knee to test – we will see tomorrow if I pay a toll for that. Here's hoping it will be even better tomorrow. I am having an early night to give myself the best shot at that. Tomorrow we do 95miles on the way to Loch Lochy with some climbs in there as well. Please get a bit better leg!! Looking forward to some more breathtaking scenery. Paul.